A fair rating system for our translators
- Linguistic quality: Rates the linguistic quality of the translation.
- Reliability: Checks if the assignments are delivered on time.
- Responsiveness: Checks the willingness and availability of the supplier to accept our jobs.
- Process compliance:Checks if all guidelines have been followed up well. This includes, among others, rating of QA Distiller check and SnellSpell check performance.
- Accounting and other parameters: Rates if invoices from the suppliers are correct and sent on time. Other parameters which don’t belong to the above mentioned categories can be taken into account here as well.
A Moody’s rating for translators so to say.
To accommodate for all this the Yamagata Europe Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is undergoing extensive modifications. An external consultant was called in to guide us through this project. Yamagata Europe should be able to objectively rate and compare our translators’ professional mood using a set of parameters that are collected automatically and fed into our ERP and Business Intelligence systems.
We believe this system will be beneficial for both our translators and our company. These ratings can be used for different purposes. It should enable us to better assign jobs to a matching profile of a translator.
Moreover it will help us to spot good and weak points in our system and to anticipate better. On a general level we will better detect frequently occurring mistakes. Special attention and efforts can be done to highlight this and improve this.
On a personal level, we will be able to spot structural problems with certain suppliers. We can spend energy in communicating this to the supplier, providing training and checking how to overcome this in order to reestablish a good partnership and hence saving time internally to fix mistakes.
We already see the first results and are eagerly waiting for the finalization of the Y-score.
- Yamagata Europe uses Business Intelligence Dashboards to improve customer experience Posted by Yamagata Europe posted on 11 january
- 7 Google Translate alternatives Posted by Yamagata Europe posted on 22 november
- Step away from the PDF (why translators don’t use the world’s most popular file format) Posted by Yamagata Europe posted on 22 october